Re: [Paparazzi-devel] On board data logging using TWOG

From: Christoph Niemann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] On board data logging using TWOG
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:59:49 +0100

I forgot:

you have to add
 <message name="OPENLOG_TIMESTAMP" id="59">
   <field name="timestamp" type="uint32"/>
 </message>
to your messages.xml and https://github.com/chni/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/modules/openlog.xml to your source (plus the stuff mentioned below).
You can then just enable it by loading the openlog module in your airframe:
  <modules>
[...]
   <load name="openlog.xml"/>
  </modules>

Then it should work.

Cheers

Christoph

2012/3/2 Christoph Niemann <address@hidden>
Hi guys,

last year I had a similar problem. I solved it by using an OpenLog from Sparkfun. Thats less expensive than a second AP and is smaller as well. I hooked it into the UART lines for the Radiomodem. I wrote a simple module, you can find it here: https://github.com/chni/paparazzi/tree/master/sw/airborne/modules/openlog .
It just includes a timestamp into the datastream every 500ms. Then to extract the data, I wrote a small tool that an be found here https://github.com/chni/paparazzi/blob/master/sw/logalizer/openlog2tlm.c - It creates TLM files and you can proceed like described in http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Data_Logger

Cheers

Christoph