[Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M Aspirin IMU Vibration Problems

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M Aspirin IMU Vibration Problems
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:29:56 -0700

All,

I'm running into enormous issues from throttle vibrations. After
looking at the data from one of our flight tests, there's a very high
correlation between the motor vibrations and the noise in our IMU
readings. I've included plots and also ranges below. Most of the
values below should be reading 0, but instead there is substantial
deviation. How have people damped their vibrations in extremely tight
space or seen this much deviation in sensor data? I know that there's
code for low pass filtering the gyro values, but is there something
for accelerometers as well with int_cmpl_quat?

gp_range: -133.0658 to 139.7247
gq_range: -210.5803 to 228.9202
gr_range: -107.8851 to 109.6058
ax_range: -22.4756 to 44.2783