Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket

From: Bernard Davison
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 00:07:05 +1100

The Sighter and Zuni rockets are designed to be spin stabilized. Usually this is at about 4Hz
We've had at least one occurrence of a Zuni having a 0Hz roll rate.
Roll is good because it decreases dispersion and makes the risk assessment paperwork easier and people are much happier when there is less risk involved.

One thing you might like to look into is a spin stablished payload (0Hz roll) with the rest of the rocket spin stabilized.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad mini.