Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Radio PPM Delay Configuration vs Airframe Servo PP

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Radio PPM Delay Configuration vs Airframe Servo PPM Delay Configuration
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:37:17 +0100

Chris,

what you set in your radio.xml file
(http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Radio_Control) is how to interpret the
ppm input signal coming from your receiver. It determines how a radio
control input is converted to a normalized command.

The min and max you set in the servos section is the min/max pulse
width for the output to the servos. And this only depends on your
servos, your mechanics, etc. (you might want to reduce or increase the
range of a servo) and not on the RC input (also RC input obviously
does not matter if you fly in nav mode). So these two things are
separate.

Cheers, Felix

P.S. As always, if things in the wiki are not clear enough: you can
change that :-)