Re: [Paparazzi-devel] www.jobyrobotics.com

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] www.jobyrobotics.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:40:03 +0100

The MPU6000 is better in about every way than an IMU3000 + ADXL345. e.g. accelerometer measures @ 1kHz whatever the requested output rate, it has 2Mbit SPI (higher data rates, lower delays, less processor overhead) instead of I2C (nice in mobile phones but not in autopilots) and as soon as the documentation for the motion processor becomes available we could do the AHRS at 200Hz in the MPU itself saving processing power in the autopilot.

The new aspirin2 holds this chip. Code is already in: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/tree/aspirin2

For arduimuv3 I do not know if the code of v2 is compatible.

-Christophe