Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ARM Cortex-M4

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ARM Cortex-M4
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:01:25 +0200

I already have this prototype board (I bought it at mouser).

One interesting benchmarks employing FreeRTOS:

Cholesky factorization 7x7 float @100Hz:
STM32F103 ->  takes around 4% of the proccesor.
STM32F4 ->  less than 1%.

FIR / IIR filters with the new DSP instructions are really faster in STM32F4. Now an intensive
pre-processing raw values from sensors is possible with "no-delays". You can put a higher sample frequency and apply a 16th order Butterworth without low computational cost (useful when you have high freq vibration/noise for instance).

Héctor.