Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 20:29:17 +0000

Hi Antoine,

Had we followed this reasoning in 2005, you'd be flying an AVR

Thanks in no small part to you, the lpc does an awful lot today. Everything I personally want to do with an autopilot can be done using a tiny.  The Lisa is fantastic technologically but *for my requirements*, the need for jtag programming outweighs any advantages.  I'm sure in a few months time this won't be true.

not sure what you mean by layout. As for an evolution of the Tiny, I
was under the impression that the only common part between them is the
MCU.

Yep, you're right.  Keyboard before brain syndrome.

no comment, I don't have the inside knowledge you seem to have of ENAC's team

There was a demonstration session @ IMAV2011; ENAC had several vehicles and introduced Umarim.

as opposed to Lisa/M ?

As I understand from the wiki the aspirin IMU is a separate board which docks onto both Lisas. Apologies if I've misunderstood.  There currently aren't any CAD files for the Lisa/M on the wiki.

Funny, I just read that the "640K ought to be enough for anybody." was myth-attributed to Gates.

But the STM32 only has 64K..perhaps time to switch to a Cortex-A9?
An LPC is enough for my particular requirements for this project.
For my next project I'll probably be using a Lisa, or one of her descendants.

Just my take on it...

"There's no such thing as a perfect autopilot, only autopilots adapted to a particular purpose."

Cheers,
Gareth