[Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"Altitude estimation wiht BMP-sensor (Rolf Noe

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"Altitude estimation wiht BMP-sensor (Rolf Noellenburg)"
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:22:49 +0300

Hi.
I have used the SCP1000 (spi) baro and my code looked a lot like yours.
After some test flights i noticed that the scp1000 in 2Hz mode was dead accurate in height indication, within 1m of the gps altitude showing the same gps altitude on take off and on landing after one hour flight. It was very accurate also in mid flight as i remember that the gps altitude was 1000m on one flight
and the scp1000 was indicating 1000m also!
I never used the 9Hz mode so i can't comment on that.
From what i read the Bosch baro BMP085 is better with a "very high resolution" conversion time of 25ms, so it could in theory replace or augment the gps altitude estimation.
Chris