[Paparazzi-devel] Does the Lisa/L support ESC controllers for Rotorcraft

From: Simon Wilks
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Does the Lisa/L support ESC controllers for Rotorcraft?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:23:34 +0200

Hi,

I picked up an XAircraft X650 recently and just finished building it and gave it a first test flight. Very nice :) Here is a brief build log if you are interested: http://sites.google.com/site/paparazziuav

I have a Lisa/L board and was planning to adapt the X650 for it. I was initially thinking I would need to at least replace the ESCs with I2C controllers but I was wondering if the Lisa/L (code) supports driving ESC controllers.

I understand one of the problems with ESC is it is too slow but XAircraft seems to have come up with something new that provides 500Hz control. Here is a link to an article on the UltraPWM protocol and the reason they stayed away from I2C: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/UltraPWM/en

Thanks,

Simon