Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Control loops in simulink

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Control loops in simulink
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:49:14 +0200

Hey Guys

Do you know that the paparazzi simulator is able to use JSBsim (
http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/ ) as its flight dynamic model ? This
simulator allows you to specify an arbitrary accurate ( and complex )
flight dynamic.
The advantage I see of using the paparazzi sim instead of simulink is
that you're testing the real implementation, not just a more or less
accurate re-implementation ( think numerical accuracy, sampling time,
latencies, etc...  all the funny sides effect that _do_ play a
significant role in the final result ).
At the moment, the simulator is running against the full autopilot
code ( that includes the logic, the communications, etc...), so you
need to interact with it just like you would do with a real aircraft.
I could show you how to bypass some of these if you're only interested
in control and need to run batch simulations.

Regards

Poine