[Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry over UDP

From: Michael Weigand
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry over UDP
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:12:23 -0400

Hello All!

I was wondering if someone could help explain or give more detailed
instructions on how to get the fms code working on an OMAP3 computer
(such as an Overo or Beagleboard). I found the instructions below
after a great deal of googling but I can't figure out how to make the
code! ("make" outputs: "*** no rule to make target 'fms_main.c',
needed by 'fms'. stop.; and "make install" doesnt work either!)

Thank you for your advice!

Michael

Instructions found at:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/vz5lX7gefRy7HGQu4LQ7

1/ on the autopilot

   I have only used this on Linux based paparazzis, but I hear there's
some code floating around for sending UDP packets on LPCs who support
this peripheral ( not the 2148, though).
   On Linux, just compile sw/airborne/fms/fms_network.c and
sw/airborne/udp_transport.c
   There is an example ( overo_test_telemetry) with makefile in
conf/autopilot/lisa_test_progs.makefile and main in
sw/airborne/fms/overo_test_telemetry.c

2/ on ground

  start "link" with the -udp option. It will listen on port 4242 (
configurable with options -udp_port and -udp_uplink_port ). It
extracts paparazzi telemetry messages from the stream of UDP packets
it receives just like it does on a serial port