Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera control via joystick

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera control via joystick
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:10:04 +0100

The joystick code from /sw/ground_segment/joystick can trigger any datalink message with the joystick or its buttons and some xml config. We used it to make take-off, standby and land joystick buttons using a teensy dev board. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TpZx6Z6m3k] Upon button presses the "block" message is sent, but you could also send other datalink messages.

a ) Quick and dirty way: If you have a settings file that has cam_pitch and cam_roll, you can set the values directly with the joystick with the settings message. (look into /var/yourplane/generated/settings.h for the variable numbers)
b) If there is a camera-direction message in messages.xml datalink part you can make a module that receives it.

Somebody a better idea?

-Christophe