Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I/O of Paparazzi

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I/O of Paparazzi
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:03:22 +0100

Hi,

HITL doesn't really make sense if you want to simulate using an IMU.

If you want to couple your own flight dynamics model (not using JSBSim) it would make sense to use the NPS (new paparazzi simulator). There you can "plug in" different FDMs, with JSBSim beeing the only one used so far. It also features the incorporation of sensors models (noise, bias, etc.). Although it was initially written mainly for quadrotors (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/BoozSimulator) it would not need too much work to use it for fixedwings as well.
You can find NPS in sw/simulator/nps/

Cheers, Felix