[Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite dropping connection

From: Marko Thaler
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite dropping connection
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:11:18 +0200

Hello everybody,

My setup is Lisa/L with Spektrum Satellite receiver and Futaba T9CP with Spektrum DSM2 transmitter module. For telemetry I am using 2.4GHz XBee Pro Series 2 modules.

After a couple of hours of setting up and testing all the systems I have started to notice the RC link was constantly dropping connection. When the problem started to occur the quad battery voltage was 11.4V and the transmitter was at 9.4V. The funny thing is that when I was moving the sticks the link was solid. However, when there was no stick movement the connection was dropping out (switching between OK, LOST and REALLY_LOST). I have reset the board a couple of times and the problem was reproducible.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? What is your experience with Spektrum system and possible XBee interference (both 2.4GHz)?

I have just recently switched to Spektrum modules because of Lisa/L support. Previously I was using Jeti Duplex which was rock solid.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Marko