Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Roll PGain Help, servos always twitching

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Roll PGain Help, servos always twitching
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:24:03 +0300

Eddie,

You aren't fully understanding the difference between manual and auto1. Manual you are commanding servo positions. But in Auto1 you are commanding roll/pitch angles. So if you tell the autopilot to try to reach 25 degree roll, and nothing changes, the control laws will probably cause the control surface to twitch trying to get more authority, but trying to not overshoot. This all comes back to what everybody has said, auto1 should be tuned in the air, at a comfortable safety altitude so that you can recover should something go wrong. And on that note, it would probably be best to have a flight buddy to help do tuning. One to fly, and one to monitor GCS.

Buzz