Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to adjust surface travel and throttle?

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to adjust surface travel and throttle?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

You will be surprised how little movement you will need in auto 1 to keep the aircraft level. Configure the servo movements in manual mode using the end point adjustments in the airframe file then try flying the aircraft. Once you get satisfactory flying control then try auto 1.

You will then need to adjust the pitch and roll gains to near oscillation. If you don't get enough control in auto 1 after this then I am pretty sure you can adjust the maximum roll angle to get the desired affect. Just remember that Auto 1 controls are not the same as you expect from manual control, By pushing your aileron stick hard one direction it will cause the plane to stay in a steady bank turn and when you let go the aircraft will self level.

Todd