[Paparazzi-devel] High precision pressure sensors.

From: Francois ALIBERT
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] High precision pressure sensors.
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:08:44 +0200

Hello.

    I recently found on the web that Intersema made new high precision static and dynamic pressure sensors with digital (both SPI and I2C) outputs. They also have a fast conversion time (< 1 ms).

For static pressure sensing:

http://www.intersema.ch/products/guide/calibrated/ms5801-01ba/

http://www.intersema.ch/products/guide/calibrated/ms5803-01ba/

For dynamic pressure sensing:

http://www.intersema.ch/products/guide/calibrated/ms5701/

    Does anybody ear about those sensors? What about using them on Paparazzi? If the performances Intersema announces correspond to the reel ones, would a 10 cm altitude precision, refreshed at high frequency, could solve some problems for automatic landing?

    Regards