Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:18:08 +0200

Hey Jeff,

three things:

- As far as I know, the cable to your speed controller shouldn't have
the 5V rail connected, because then there's issues with the two power
supplies "fighting". I don't know nothing about it, but read about
that at some point and one of the servo cables from CheBuzz came
without the 5V rail connected.
- You're right in disconnecting the throttle. Running the motor
without a prop attached can quickly make it turn too fast, damaging
the bearings.
- In my opinion you don't need a separate BEC. Using one might be
slightly more reliable, but I think that if you have a decent speed
controller, you should be just fine.

Regards,
Maik