[Paparazzi-devel] Not sure if Paparazzi TWOG goes to AUTO2 when ppm sign

From: Helge Walle
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Not sure if Paparazzi TWOG goes to AUTO2 when ppm signal is lost.
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:48:06 +0200

Thank you Gautier for the feedback to my question about make.

I have another issue that I feel uncertain about.

These statements are in my airframe file under the <misc> section:
<define name="UNLOCKED_HOME_MODE" value="TRUE"/>
<define name="RC_LOST_MODE" value="PPRZ_MODE_AUTO2"/>

Changing modes with the three position switch on the RC transmitter works fine, and I get the expected message in GCS. But when I turn off the TX with Paparazzi in Manual mode (Manu), the GCS continues to show Manu even after loss of ppm signal. I feel confident that the ppm signal is lost since "uint8 rc-status" in the FBW_STATUS message goes from OK (0) to REALLY LOST (2).

I also notice that "uint8 ap_mode" in PPRZ_MODE message does not change value when the TX is turned off in Manu mode.

Is something wrong with my setup or am I just not understanding how it should work?

Thanks,
Helge.