Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi EKF- and compelmentary- filter

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi EKF- and compelmentary- filter
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:00:45 +0200

Hi Flex,
our EKF with float has a run time of  7ms without the use of tables for arcosin and  arctan2.
For a normal plane and a quadrocopter there is no problem to run the EKF all 25ms. There are  no timing problems with
the feedback loops since backstepping is used.
See our videos on  http://vimeo.com/10134857
If you can give me the code of EFs with more states   it would help us.

Cheers, Heinrich

Felix Ruess schrieb:
Hi Andrew,

some (unpublished) filters are used on an external more powerful
hardware (gumstix and atom). There is also the error state space KF I
wrote in float for testing in simulation under
sw/airborne/booz/ahrs/booz_ahrs_float_lkf. But you can't fly with that
one at the moment (too long to compute in float and probably still has
some bugs I guess).

Cheers, Felix