Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi & X-Plane

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi & X-Plane
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Werner

I did some research into this a couple months ago and concluded that the UDP streams from X-Plane aren't really used anymore because the spec's change so often. The easiest way to Integrate with x-plane is a plugin. If you have visual studio available it should be a fairly simple exercise to integrate an ivy to xplane parser and have it running much more smothly than the hassles of UDP. I started some work on this with visual studio express but that was missing some stuff required to compile the ivy-c example so I gave up. Others on this list tried with a real version of VS and had no issues at all.

Todd