Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Wireless link

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Wireless link
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:52:49 +0200

Hello

I'm not familiar with the Ubiquity thingy. Here is what I do for
telemetry/datalink over IP

1/ on the autopilot

   I have only used this on Linux based paparazzis, but I hear there's
some code floating around for sending UDP packets on LPCs who support
this peripheral ( not the 2148, though).
   On Linux, just compile sw/airborne/fms/fms_network.c and
sw/airborne/udp_transport.c
   There is an example ( overo_test_telemetry) with makefile in
conf/autopilot/lisa_test_progs.makefile and main in
sw/airborne/fms/overo_test_telemetry.c

2/ on ground

  start "link" with the -udp option. It will listen on port 4242 (
configurable with options -udp_port and -udp_uplink_port ). It
extracts paparazzi telemetry messages from the stream of UDP packets
it receives just like it does on a serial port

HTH

Poine