Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Possible FTDI Fixes (Felix)

From: Stephen L Hulme
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Possible FTDI Fixes (Felix)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:22:51 +1300

Hi Felix

I gave it my best shot with out success.

I compiled "~/sw ground_segment/joystick"

Placed "xbox_booz__nav.xml" in "~/conf"

Executed "./sw/ground_ segment/joystick/main_stick"

The terminal output confirmed  "/dev/input/event6"  and then 5 after another attempt

I addded this to your original instruction ie

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/jsbsim/lib ./var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/simsitl --js_dev
/dev/input/js0

Then executed:  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/jsbsim/lib ./var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/simsitl --fg_host 127.0.0.1 --js_dev /dev/input/event6

The Quadrotor lost control in flight gear, the screen went blank and the "./sw/ground_segment/tmtc/server"
terminal window printed multiple long/lat /utm error reports.

Am I most probably attempting something way beyond my capability or is there an error that can be addressed?

Regards.

Stephen

Stephen L Hulme wrote, on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:21:55 +1300

Dear Felix

Thank you, I will give it a shot.

Regards

Stephen

Felix Ruess wrote, on  Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:56:51 +0100

Hi Stephen,

I currently don't have a joystick here (and never tested it before),
but do give it a try:
Just start the sim with the additional joystick option, something like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/jsbsim/lib ./var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/simsitl --js_dev
/dev/input/js0

Depending on your joystick it might be mapped to some different device
(check with dmesg) or have a look in /dev/input/by-id/<your-joystick>

Regards, Felix