Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RE: distance measurement for landing.

From: Sergey Lukin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RE: distance measurement for landing.
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:51:04 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm following this discussion for couple of days and I became curious, aren't there any already existing solutions to the hight measurement problem? I mean budget solutions.

I have found two interesting links:
uwb
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/radalt/radalt.html
This one will definitely work (this guy made more than 100 safe landings), but requires a lot of knowledge in antena and high frequency devices design.

laser
http://sites.google.com/site/todddanko/home/webcam_laser_ranger
This seems to be much easier. What are the catches to it?

Do you have some more interesting links on this subject? Lets exchange.

Kind regards,

Sergey