[Paparazzi-devel] 900 Mhz or 2.4 Ghz modems (reply to Mark)

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 900 Mhz or 2.4 Ghz modems (reply to Mark)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:07:46 +0300

Hi.
Yes  i am expecting problems with the video downlink but i will experiment.
The good thing about the video transmitter i have is that it can be set to transmit
anywhere in the 850 to 950 band so i may find a sweet spot.
About the modems i didn't knew that with the digi 868 Mhz version but i agree that the 2.4 ghz is excellent.
I will have a look in the modem you mentioned.
Btw do you know what is the max range of the Radiotronix modem from experience? I also want to pass along what i did to reduce the severe interference i had on my RC receiver
(a Multiplex DS IPD synth 9 channel) due to the 2.4 ghz  modem.
I simply wrapped the whole receiver in aluminum foil (very tight and without any openings)
and the problems went away.
Maybe that was the reason i had thos flight plan execution problems...
It looks like the 2.4 ghz radiation was getting in to the receiver's circuit affecting reception.
Chris