[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Differential GPS through Paparazzi

From: James Maday
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Differential GPS through Paparazzi
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:02:46 -0500

Hello Marcus-

Having purchased to sets of the TWOG bundle, my first idea would be to use the second bundle's GPS attached to either our landing net or the GCS for differentiation with the aircraft's GPS.  If we attach the second GPS to the landing net, we could get really accurate landings I think.

If necessary we would purchase a different GPS receiver, but hopefully we don't need to.  I guess the question you asked me, Marcus, is one I should pose to readers as I'm unable to definitely answer it myself: what sort of secondary GPS receiver is needed to run a DGPS system with Paparazzi?  How would the two GPS coordinates be manipulated in the software to more accurately obtain altitude?

Thank you for reading and responding,

-James Maday
Saint Louis, MO, USA