[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Can you suggest a suitable UAV for Taipei?

From: Spencer Pangborn
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Can you suggest a suitable UAV for Taipei?
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:01:56 +0800

Dear John,

Thank you for the detailed info.  After reading a bunch of threads over at RC Groups, I realized just how much I still must learn before even *thinking* about messing around with PPZ.

I've located an RC shop close to my house where hopefully I can meet up with some other like-minded folks.  It seems that having someone show you the ropes is a good way...and maybe make some new friends as well.

I've been considering the Slow Stick, Mini Mag, and Easy Star.  It sounds like Multiplex does a good job with that ELAPOR foam which is considering all the crashes I will make.  Just hoping the Mini Mag isn't too difficult for a total newbie.  Will indeed check out the simulators as well.

So thanks again to everyone for the kind support.  I'll direct any more airplane-specific queries to the people over at RC Groups and hopefully one day I'll be able to step it up and delve into the Paparazzi UAV system.   :)

Best regards,

Spencer

Message: 1