Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Futaba 5 channel radio showing six PPM

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Futaba 5 channel radio showing six PPM
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:38:22 +0100

Hi Paul

> Tonight I wanted to replace the demo code
> with autopilot code, so I rebuilt with "make AIRCRAFT=MJ5 ap.upload (etc)"
> but my builds failed (gyro.c complaining about ADC_3 undeclared and lots of
> warnings that LED_6_PIN is getting redefined).  After using make with
> "clean_ac" I was able to get the code to build and upload to the Tiny

it looks like MJ5 is using a hardware include for an older version of
the tiny (line212 of microjet5.xml)
ap.CFLAGS +=  -DFBW -DAP -DCONFIG=\"tiny.h\" -DLED -DTIME_LED=1

replace that -DCONFIG=\"tiny.h\" with something compatible with your
version of the tiny
( maybe   -DCONFIG=\"tiny_2_1.h\" )

> what I don't understand is that the GCS now communicates with Tiny over the
> telemetry serial port (the one labeled "serial" on the PCB) at 9600bps. I'm
> glad it does since now I can hook up my XBee Pro, but I'd really like to
> understand why this change occurred when I haven't done anything to any
> source code or configuration files; only rebuilt. Maybe I rebuilt with
> slighly different target names? Any pointers would be appreciated.

you can set what do you want on each UART ( GPS, telemetry) by
changing those lines your airframe file
( from microjet5.xml)

ap.CFLAGS += -DDOWNLINK -DUSE_UART0 -DDOWNLINK_TRANSPORT=PprzTransport
-DDOWNLINK_FBW_DEVICE=Uart0 -DDOWNLINK_AP_DEVICE=Uart0
-DPPRZ_UART=Uart0 -DDATALINK=PPRZ -DUART0_BAUD=B57600
ap.srcs += downlink.c $(SRC_ARCH)/uart_hw.c datalink.c pprz_transport.c

ap.CFLAGS += -DGPS -DUBX -DUSE_UART1 -DGPS_LINK=Uart1 -DUART1_BAUD=B19200
ap.srcs += gps_ubx.c gps.c

here, you have telemetry/datalink on UART0 at 57600 and GPS on UART1 at 19200

hth

Poine