RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Serial uploading

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Serial uploading
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:26:07 -0700

The system has always been designed in such a way that the autopilot only takes the compiled binary file.  Other than waypoint moving and realtime tuning of variables(no storing) there is no way to reupload flight plan blocks, or flight plans.  This would require some EEPROM, and its always been discussed as a risky operation.  This is also why the flightplans are very generic, and easily manipulated by moving waypoints or changing blocks.  Most any profile can be done using any of the standard generic blocks without the need for complex flight plans to be written, or for the airplane to accept flight plans on the fly.

Tuning variables are changed for the current power cycle only, and must be stored into configuration on the ground and reflashed to the airplane to become permanent.

AJ