Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning Issue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning Issue
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:08:46 GMT

Run the flight plan simulator with your airframe code and examine the navigation.  Get a good feel of the scale and effect of each variable, maybe you needed to adjust different gain or need much more than you expect.

Also, you can playback the log of your flight and check that you were not in some failsafe mode or otherwise not navigating.  You can also read all the commanded and measured angles to pinpoint the source of trouble.

Finally, I suggest always directing the plane away from the waypoint prior to activating the navigation.  This way you should see it immediately begin maximum navigation and you can spot any over/under navigation/banking/pitching before it gets far away.

-- "Daniel Morgan" <address@hidden> wrote:
I was tuning today and had a problem i have yet to see... I got auto1 working great with the max roll and pitch being able to be achieved as well as stable no oscillations roll and pitch. I really was stunned though when i put it into auto2 that the aircraft just seemed to go nowhere really and would just fly to some point far away with no relation to the point i wanted. It never reached this point it was heading to due to the fact that i didn't want to lose visibility. Anyways i tried tweaking the course and altitude pgain but had no success.
I cannot figure out why the autopilot is doing this. Does anyone have any ideas.... Also is the actual x,y coordinates and the course varible (not desired) included in the messages?

Click to learn about options trading and get the latest information.