RE: Re: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Hi

From: david
Subject: RE: Re: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Hi
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:36:25 GMT

When I see this it means either:
 * P0.14 not low, jumpered to (-), from power on until after programming
complete
 * LPC not going into programming mode for some other reason
 * FTDI cable is assigned an address different than /dev/ttyUSB0 (check with
'dmesg')

When USB won't program (no USB device detected on computer) it means either:
 * no bootloader loaded
 * USB cable issue (check for broken or wrong wiring)
 * Need to power on Tiny after USB cable is connected (use dmesg, verify new
USB device recognized)

It helps sometimes to disconnect FTDI cable to fee USB resources, then plug in
the USB to Tiny to Comput cable, then power on Tiny. I keep an extra terminal
open with: 'tail -f /var/log/messages' to watch when FTDI cable is connected
and USB cable to see they are recognized.

NOTE: If you have USB connected, then power on, and do NOT see the
/var/log/messages show a new USB device then something is wrong. Fix that first
then attempt USB programming.

-David Conger

From:     Mohammad Ali Haji Pour <address@hidden>
Date:     4/13/08 9:03Subject:  Re: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Hi

Hi yvest,

ioctl set ok, status = 7
ioctl get failed
ioctl get failed
ioctl set ok, status = 186A4
ioctl get failed
ioctl get failed
ioctl set ok, status = 186A0
ioctl get failed
 no answer on '?'
make: *** [upload_bl] Error 4

I did all you told and this is the error I got.

Regards,

Mohammad