[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 48, Issue 10

From: Toby Seaman
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 48, Issue 10
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:08:28 +0000

address@hidden wrote:

Hi Toby,

what do you get with the command

    sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog

while you plug the device ?

--Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Good call. It does show the device driver for FTDI_SIO being loaded, so it seems that the device is detecting ok. there is then a message about usb_serial registering ftdi_sio.c lsmod shows the ftdi_sio driver loaded. (I'm simplifying as I can't post from the box due to lack of network connection ;-(

I've just tried minicom and chanegd to /dev/ttyUSB0 and hoped to get flashing lights showing TX, but got nothing. Is there a more sane way to test the device under Linux?

Regards,

Toby