Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Autopilot upload

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Autopilot upload
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:35:42 +0100

Uttam Chandrashekhar wrote:
John, I had the same problem. You need root privileges to access the USB the way you want to. Try running paparazzi center like this:

sudo ./paparazzi

then enter your password when prompted to. It should work then.
NO. One more time (Martin already answered and wrote it in the wiki: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Installation#Setting_access_rights_for_USB_download), you must be in the dialout group (sudo adduser <your login> dialout>, logout and relogin) and install 10-paparazzi.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d . It should be enough.
It's _never_ a good idea to work as root on a unix machine.

--Pascal

-Uttam