[Paparazzi-devel] About Astroplanes OpenUAV boards

From: mohamad sadegh sadri
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] About Astroplanes OpenUAV boards
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:41:29 +0330

Well, this is just a notification of what I found out about the IMU
board provided by this company,

Want to know your ideas about it, (although I know no body will answer
me, here, in this mailing list, just like my prev question about the
software architecture of paparazzi which is still un-asnwered!! )

some thing near 2 weeks ago I found out this web site, they provide
two major products, classix and an IMU board, I thought these boards
can simply our task and so I decided to buy them. I sent more than 5
emails to them but never get any response. Now, today I was
investigating the properties of their IMU board and I noticed these
big dis-advantage:

GPS update rate is 1Hz instead of 4Hz , which seems to be very
important for the autopilot system

I read some where that it is good to have magnetometers for all of the
thress axis, is this true?

thanks