RE: [Paparazzi-devel] LiveCD for paparazzi2 (flight controller hardware

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] LiveCD for paparazzi2 (flight controller hardware version 1.2.1)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:06:07 +0100

Hi Doni

I wouldn't advice to use an avr board - nobody is using that anymore and thus
this architecture is geting no test at all. Probably someday we'll discover that
one of the newly added feature is too "heavy" for the avr processor. Plus you'll
love flashing through USB.

If you're scared about soldering the fine pitch of the arm processor, you might
use a header board like this one
 http://www.olimex.com/dev/lpc-h2148.html
At 40$, this is unbeatable :)

If you add a commercial BEC as supply and a SAM module for the GPS, you'll end
up with something similar to a tiny.
On the header board, I would solder the crystal and remove the reset switch to
avoid any in flight accident.

hth

Poine