[Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Needed components/boards

From: Ricardo Sousa
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Needed components/boards
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:00:54 +0100

Ooops,

 i meant to send this to the list, maybe someone else would be interested to
share their «shopping list»

regards
rjs
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Needed components/boards Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:57:38 +0100 User-agent: KMail/1.8.2
Hi,

 For my UAV projects my wish list goes somewhat like this:
 - an inclinometer
 - a GPS unit
I guess those two are the absolute minimum needed to guide a plane.
 - pressure sensores (2?)
 - compass
 - accelerometers (2?)
 - PWM outputs (lots)
 - A control unit capable of receiving those inputs and running intelligent
enough software to take decisions (according to a pre-established plan --
waypoints or interactively)
 - A radio unit capable of operating reasonably long distances without
spending the whole energy budget and still offering a good enough data rate
to use interactive control, as needed
 - a digital camera
 - a storage device

I was planning to solve the control, PWM and storage with the robostix I
mentioned previously, but as I plant to build at least two more ships, I'm in
the market for more hardware :)

If this «laundry list» gives you any ideas, let us know :)

 Regards.

rjs