Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Bug that needs fixing

From: Pascal
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Bug that needs fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:39:43 +0200

Fixed (version 1.16 of sw/tools/gen_flight_plan.ml)

Thanks for you exhaustive tests !

--Pascal

address@hidden wrote:
When someone gets a chance, could they try a mission in Paparazzi2 with an xyz, a simulation that is. When I run it the desired_pitch increases, and continues to increase without bound. I want to know if its Isolated to me or if everyone
has the problem with the new pitch code in the 1.54 update, thanks

Anton

Quoting Pascal Brisset <address@hidden>:

Hi Anton,

address@hidden wrote:

Pascal,
found a nasty bug in the code today. If you use vmode="gaz" and give a gaz setting gaz="?" you are unable to also specify a pitch angle. This may be a
bug from adding autopitch I am unsure.  Good luck

  You are right.
  Before the auto_pitch mode was added, "desired_pitch" was computed in
navigation_task() (main.c) with
    desired_pitch = nav_pitch + pitch_of_vz;
and it was independent from the current vertical mode.

This line has been unfortunately moved into climb_pid_run() (pid.c) which is called only with a vertical_mode greater than AUTO_CLIMB (i.e. CLIMB or ALT).

  This is now fixed:
- climb_pid_run() computes (if auto_pitch) or updates (else) nav_pitch ;
   - desired_pitch is always set to nav_pitch in navigation_task()

Please check the source code before flying ...

--Pascal