[Paparazzi-devel] merry christmas

From: Antoine Drouin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] merry christmas
Date: 24 Dec 2003 02:04:38 +0100

Hi

Savannah is mostly back on-line. Congratulation to the staff !
I've been able to update the CVS but the homepage is to remain freezed
until mid January.

Here are the news i wanted to add :

We were running short of bandwidth and I didn't manage to make rtty go
faster than 1200bps. I've added a board with a mega8 and a CMX469 which
allows for 4800bps. The receive program supports both methods
(sound-card + rtty / modem + serial port). You can select on the
controller board with a solder bridge.

We have build an infrared sensor with 6 thermopiles (2 more for nadir
and zenith) to get a continuous contrast measurement. It has only
completed one flight, but it seems to work fine.

U-blox has finally decided to manufacture a SAM module with a TIM-LP. It
should be available Q2 2004. This is a good news as it will allows us to
take profit of the 16 channels and 4Hz update rate without having to
solder antennas.

Take care

Antoine