pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc enco

From: John Wendel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc encoded messages?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 15:24:21 -0800

Rick

Very interesting - when I try alt.binaries.pictures.britishrailways PAN crashes.

However

alt.binaries.picture.britishrailways

contains 2 headers which, when downloaded give me these files

1581048854.73271.9@PRiVATE.msg
1581048854.73313.24@PRiVATE.msg
1581077917.84284.3@PRiVATE.msg
1581048854.73275.11@PRiVATE.msg
1581048854.73317.26@PRiVATE.msg
1581077917.84290.4@PRiVATE.msg
1581048854.73300.17@PRiVATE.msg
1581077917.84272.1@PRiVATE.msg
1581048854.73307.21@PRiVATE.msg
1581077917.84278.2@PRiVATE.msg
dCQi4Lpzb0XbqNql
BEAGIeKt6W2d4SG1
BEAGIeKt6W2d4SG1.ERRORS

Running "file" on the "msg" files shows that they are a multipart
PAR archive, missing some parts.

Running uudeview on one of the 'msg' files shows this

uudeview '1581077917.84272.1@PRiVATE.msg'

Loaded from 1581077917.84272.1@PRiVATE.msg: '[yHbQj] 3d68dfbd0898064261c9bc81c202f155864fca67baac3ae [1/1] - "dCQi4Lpzb0XbqNql" yEnc (1/4)' (yHbQj): dCQi4Lpzb0XbqNql part 1 begin yEnc Found 'dCQi4Lpzb0XbqNql' State 4 yEnc Parts begin 1
ERROR: File dCQi4Lpzb0XbqNql (yHbQj): No End found (4)
0 files decoded from 1 input file, 1 failed

The files are "corrupt" so they won't be decoded correctly.

Try running uudeview on your file set.

John