pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan repository on Gitlab / manual sync

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan repository on Gitlab / manual sync
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 11:57:48 -0600

On 10/28/19 10:40 AM, Detlef Graef wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to keep my fork of Pan on Gitlab
> (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan) in sync with the upstream
> repository. But I don't know how to do this. I prefer a manual sync, but
> mirroring would also be ok.
>
> I've read this:
>
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/help/workflow/repository_mirroring
>
> "You can also manually trigger an update at most once every 5 minutes."
>
> Question is how to do this? Somewhere in the Web-UI?
>
> I've tried to set up a mirror, but I can only select "Push" direction.
> This ist not what I need:
>
> Push: for mirroring a GitLab repository to another location.
> Pull: for mirroring a repository from another location to GitLab.

If you want the Git repository with the source code this is easy. If you
can "git clone" the repository to your local machine then you can
periodically do a "git pull" on your local machine to get any new
updates from the upstream repository.

I don't know about mirroring Gitlab issues, pull requests or any other
meta-data.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil