pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] What changed view of headers?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] What changed view of headers?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 04:25:19 +0000 (UTC)

Rhialto posted on Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:52:26 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Fri 26 Sep 2014 at 02:39:53 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>> But there's a toolbar button for it.  It's possible you're accidentally
>> hitting the toolbar button.
>
> Well, I have seen that new articles in some groups are seemingly randomy
> pre-marked as "read". I cleared out my kill file, but that didn't
> help...

Are these per-chance cross-posted articles that' you've already marked as
read on the other group?  If so, that explains it, as pan tracks read-
status across groups, as long as you haven't deleted the headers (or had
them expire) from the first group, anyway.  Once you've deleted in the
first group, then they'll appear as unread/new in the second group.

That has been my experience, anyway.

If it's not that, then your memory issue explanation looks plausible, tho
not being familiar with the BSDs I'll have to take your word for it.