pan-users

[Pan-users] posting via gmane??

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] posting via gmane??
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:35:52 +0000 (UTC)

        Like others here, I subscribe to lists and set them immediately
to nomail, because I try never to look at one in email if I can get it
via Gmane. (I also happen to hate webmail with the purplest of passions,
btw; I know some form of it exists with a Gmane connection, and I have to
forgive Lars for that, but wild horses that try to drag me there will
become instant horsemeat.)

        Pan/Gmane is great for *reading* lists gatewayed from email; but
I get mixed results with *postings* and attempts to post. Sometimes they
go through. Sometimes I get an automated note from Gmane, requiring me to
prove my humanity by replying, and then they go through. And sometimes
they seem just to fall into some vast empty cyberspace.

        Is this a Pan matter, or a Gmane matter, or something I have to
take up with listowners? (I favor the last, because Istr getting across
some listowner who couldn't be bothered, once long ago and far away.) And
do my drafts automatically get preserved somewhere? Istr also that at one
time they didn't, alas!

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.