pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 02:39:10 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson posted on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:56:29 +0000 as excerpted:

> It may be present in earlier code as well.
>
> If pan sits idle for a while, at least on openSUSE 13.1 running GNOME3
> (gtk2 build of pan, though), it seems to eventually become non-
> responsive.  It seems to be related to the amount of time it's running -
> I've (for example) started replying to a post, left the machine and come
> back, and the only option is to force close pan and start over (losing
> my previous partial post content).
>
> I left it running last night, and had to force close it again this
> morning before I could do anything.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not seeing that here and I start pan with my kde session and
routinely let it idle for hours, even overnite.

However, your headers say git 7161f50 while I'm running git 2ae6aff, so
one of us is behind.  Let's see... mount my sources filesystem... run git
log in the pan git archive (scripted command for that here =:^)...
search...

Yes, commit 7161f50... Piotr Drag, Fri Nov 22, 2013, Updated POTFILES.in.
3 lines deleted from po/POTFILES.in.

That would appear to be rather behind, indeed... 133 lines of git log
with stats but not actual diffs as well as several months behind, to be
(semi-)exact.

So unless that's simply what you've regressed to as a result of this bug
and thus doesn't reflect the git commit you experienced the bug with,
you're months out of date.  Do a pull and if you don't get my commit ID
above, git log and see if it's in your git history.  If so, you've a
newer version than I.  Otherwise... where you pulling from?  Maybe it's
stale.  Here's where I'm pulling from (two possible URLs, one git, one
http):

git://git.gnome.org/pan2
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2