pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft?? FOUND -- with a mea culpa

From: Sébastien
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft?? FOUND -- with a mea culpa
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:03:15 +0100

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:09:02 +0000 (UTC), Duncan wrote:
> Here, pan's main window toolbar buttons are small (probably 16 px)
> and not labeled, but the posting window toolbar buttons are somewhat
> larger (probably 22 px) and labeled.
>
> I don't believe there's an option for that in pan, but my guess is
> that it's an option in gtk.  Since I run a kde desktop I don't have

No option is available, as far as I know. There's indeed a gtk+2
setting in ~/.gtkrc.mine where gtk-toolbar-style can be attributed to:

GTK_TOOLBAR_ICONS
GTK_TOOLBAR_TEXT
GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ

but some applications, Pan included, seem to stick with its own
hardcoded preference and not rely on the system defaults, and does not
give the ability to choose whichever the user wants.
gtk-toolbar-icon-size is also ignored.

I found this post from 2002:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-devel/2002-10/msg00008.html
Not sure what happened to it after the last message of the thread...

--
Sébastien