pan-users

[Pan-users] Is this the right place for a feature request?

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: [Pan-users] Is this the right place for a feature request?
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:18:16 +0000 (UTC)

If so, there's a feature that I'd like to request (and at the same time an
inconsistent behaviour to report).

It would be nice to have a way to mark a whole thread read regardless of
the expanded (or not) state of the thread.

Currently, if a thread is collapsed and one right clicks and select "mark
article as read", the thread is expanded and all articles in the thread
are marked as read".  If the the thread is already expanded, the same
action only marks the current article read.

My opinion is that the "thread collapsed" behaviour is incorrect.

However, it would be nice if there were another option (or 2) on the right-
click context menu to "mark thread as read" (and perhaps "mark thread as
unread")

Even though I'm a programmer, I don't feel competent enough to suggest the
necessary patches as I'm an "old school" Fortran hacker (in the good, not
pejorative, sense of the work).

Bruce