pan-users

[Pan-users] Can't PAN downloading a huge group of large Unuseable Window

From: jimmckenzie
Subject: [Pan-users] Can't PAN downloading a huge group of large Unuseable Windows EXE archives
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 22:04:36 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I selected a group of "possibly" RAR exe archives in a usenet group. ARK says
they are ALL Window$/DO$ executable archives. Ubuntu says they are archives but
can't open a single one of them (Ubuntu 11.04 64 Bit for the record)all I want
to do is stop the download. I've actally uninstalled PAN and rebooted the
system and reinstalled. When I restart PAN it resumes downloading. The only
thing I can do so far is go into the File Menu and tell to work off-line which
makes the program useless. If I tell it to go back on line it resumes
downloading. Telling it to Cancel Last Task is a complete waste of time.

Basically all I need to know is how do I stop downloading short of permanently
deleting PAN?

It's the only USENET program I've seen that actually works for me.

All/All help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

James R McKenzie

address@hidden