pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.132 Windows build

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.132 Windows build
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:38:42 +0200

"Steve Davies", Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:39:36 +0100:

(...)

> > Any chance to have an i18n and l10n support in the Windows version? It
> > would be great for non-English speakers...
> >

> I assume this would be handled by the GTK layer - I believe that pan
> already supports i18n and l10n,

That's correct. It's the reason why I ask for support on the Windows
platform. As a part of GNOME, Pan is being translated into various
languages via the GNOME translation project. I thought it would be nice
to bring the results of this effort to the users of Pan for Windows.

> and leaves the rest up to the
> underlying GUI libraries. Perhaps setting the "LANG" environment
> variable in windows to something different helps?

Well, Pan for Windows depends on the GTK+ package for Windows. This
package already supports i18n and l10n, but it only contains translations
for its own stuff (the UI and error messages shared between the GTK+
applications). And because Pan's Windows builds do not include the i18n and
l10n support, the rest of Pan's UI stays untranslated.

Regards,
Petr Kovar