pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Random order in "Cache Article" (0.120)

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Random order in "Cache Article" (0.120)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 14:40:08 -0500

Duncan wrote:
Per Hedeland <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun,
07 Jan 2007 16:08:50 +0100:

There was some discussion/complaints/bug-reporting about how new-pan saved
articles in random order rather than first-to-last (or last-to-first:-). I
didn't follow it too closely, but it seems to be fixed now - however the
"Cache Article" function still processes articles in random order, which I
personally find much more annoying.

Anyway, I filed a bug with patch for this, #393912 - hopefully it can
sneak in before 1.0 since it's quite straightforward.

Cool!  I can sure use that here, too, as the bug has been irritating me,
but I was living with it as it seemed I must be the only one downloading
to cache since no one else seemed to be complaining.

Very glad to actually have a patch.  Maybe it'll be integrated now (altho
I'd not hold up 1.0 for this, but if something else was going in before
1.0 and there was going to be another beta/rc, I'd want it in).

Same here! I hope it makes it for release but if it doesn't I can always patch my local package. Thanks Per!

If you look at Bugzilla a large number of minor patches have been submitted this past week so I suspect that Charles might wait another week to release 1.0 to let those patches run. Then again most of the patches are minor tweaks or feature enhancements so he might push them to post 1.0...