pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan Docs 070101

From: Rev. Hroller McKnutt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan Docs 070101
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 07:33:54 -0600

Rhialto wrote:

NONONONO! That word ("intranet") does not exist! It is a stupid
invention of people who don't know the difference between "the Internet"
and an "internet". I hate the stupid word. Really.

As I remember it, there is a more or less official document about this,
but I haven't found it again... The Internet Protocol
was invented to connect together local networks of different kinds
(ethernet, Xerox PUP, OSI networks, XNS, other other proprietary network
architectures), hence the "inter" part of "internet". The big global
internet would then be "the" Internet.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenet .

-Olaf.

 You could have fooled a LOT of people then...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aintranet&btnG=Google+Search

 Since you provided a Wiki link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet

 Mike