pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Score files and xref headers

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Score files and xref headers
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:45:36 -0500

Duncan wrote:
"Todd A. Jacobs" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 25
Nov 2006 20:49:57 -0800:

I'm running Pan 0.119, and was wondering if there was any way to score
based on specific cross-post headers. For example, gmane creates spam and
virus xref headers whenever undesirable messages are received, so you'd
want to killfile anything cross-posted to gmane.spam.virus, for example.

I can't find an obvious way to do this currently. Am I missing something?

IIRC, I've seen reports here that it's possible to hand-edit the score file
to filter on the xref header, but last time I tried (some time ago, back
with 0.14.x I believe), I couldn't get it to work here.  It doesn't seem
possible from the PAN GUI, I know that.

Hand edit ~/News/Score

[*]
Score: -9999